Bibliography for Global Somatics Practitioner Training
For the overall curriculum, you are required to have the following books and supplies. You will receive a bibliography for each individual course of the curriculum. You have the option of studying from these bibliographies for your own enjoyment, or as part of your Integration or Research Projects. More titles will be added to these bibliographies from the group resources. You can share books with another student except for the Anatomy Coloring Book.
Required Anatomy/Physiology Books: estimate $250
1. Kapit ,Wynn / Elson, Lawrence M. The Anatomy Coloring Book: Third Edition. Benjamin Cummings, 2002. Found at Barnes and Noble, Walden Books, Borders, U of M bookstore and many others. $20
*You will need your own copy. You will be making xerox copies to color and put in your course workbooks. Estimate cost of copying is $60.
2. Netter, Frank. Atlas of Human Anatomy. Icon Learning Systems, 2003
Found at U of M bookstore, 300 Washington Ave. S.E., Hours 8:30- 5pm M-F. $68.95
3. Muscle flash cards purchased from GRDGS $20
4. Invest in at least one other basic anatomy book or DVD. These books/pictures feed the cortical image of our embodiment journey. It is wonderful to have access to many pictures. Choose something that resonates with you. Suggestions:
- Tortora, Gerard J. Principles of Anatomy. Harper & Row, Publishers, New York.
A thorough scientific study. Found at U of M bookstore. $60
- Pack, Phillip E. Cliff Notes Quick Review: Anatomy and Physiology. Cliff Notes Inc. Lincoln, NE 1997. Easy to carry information guide. Found at Walmart. $10
- The Human Body; Illustrated Guide to its Structure, Function, and Disorders. Editor Charles Clayman. DK Publishing, Inc., New York, 1995 www.dk.com
Found at Barnes and Noble $30
Required Somatic Books: estimate $80
1. Cohen, Bonnie Bainbridge. Sensing, Feeling and Action. Berkeley, CA: North Atlantic Books, '94. Can be ordered from www.bodymindcentering.com $30
2. Hartley, Linda. The Wisdom of the Body Moving: An Introduction to Body- Mind Centering®. North Atlantic Books. Berkeley, CA 1989. $20
3. Aposhyan, Susan. Natural Intelligence: Body-Mind Integration and Human Development. William and Wilkins. Balitimore.1999. $30
4. Johnson, Don Handlon.(editor)Bone, Breath & Gesture: Practices if Embodiment.
North Atlantic Books, Berkeley , California. 1995.
Required Professional Competency Books: estimate $78
1. Sohnen-Moe, Cherie. Business Mastery: Designed for Healing Arts Professionals: Third Edition. Sohnen-Moe Associates, 2003.
Purchased through GRDGS. $20
2. Benjamin, Ben and Sohnen-Moe, Cherie. The Ethics of Touch Professionals: Third Edition. Sohnen-Moe Associates, 2003.
Purchased through GRDGS. $20
3. Ruiz, Don Miguel. The Four Agreements. Amber-Allen Publishing.
Can be found at Barnes & Noble, Walden Books, Borders, U of M bookstore and others. $10
4. Faber, Adele and Mazlish, Elaine. How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk.
Can be found at Barnes and Noble, Walden Books, Borders, U of M bookstore and many others. $13
5. Evans, Mandy. Emotional Options and Traveling Free. Yes You Can Press, 1989.
Purchase through GRDGS $15
Required Private Sessions: estimate $1200
You are required to have 3 private sessions per season for a total of 12 somatic education and therapy sessions from Certified BMC or Global Somatics Practitioners. Sessions cost from $45- $100 per hour depending on the practitioner.
Required Integration Projects and Research Project: Cost varies
GS Practitioner Application Form (85 KB PDF)
GS Practitioner Weekly/Modular Enrollment Contract (164 KB)
GS Practitioner Summer Enrollment Contract (149 KB)
GS Financial Info (104 KB PDF)