Global Somatics Certificate of Application (GSCA)
A perfect storm of psychological, neurological, developmental science, medical, social and cultural activity is creating an enormous interest in holistic models of the person and of health practices. GRDGS has been providing courses in somatics in this arena for 30 years. In our somatic school, the unitary relationship of body to mind is the working model and starting point for change. It is our core concept in understanding human development and human problems.
The Global Somatics Process is a comprehensive research into the nature of consciousness and self through the vehicle of the Natural Body. The pioneering modality of the Global Somatics Process offers a cutting edge to a variety of professional fields that use the body as a medium for change. These professions ranging from the wellness industry (somatic movement education, bodywork, yoga, personal training, energy healing, therapy) to the arts and ecology (dance, visual arts). The breadth and depth of the Global Somatics curriculum has direct applications to several emphasis areas or specialities.
Program Description: The Global Somatics Certificate Program offers a directed course of study and evaluation for professionals in their own fields of application. Candidates are active professionals in their field of the focus application. The Global Somatics Certificate Program meets the needs of diverse professionals seeking excellence in their field and the appropriate continuing education to meet the needs of the future. Course work can be completed within a time frame and at a pace conducive to the candidate.
Program framework: The Global Somatics Certificate Program (GSCP) is comprised of specified Global Somatics courses completed over a four year period and a Professional Competency Independent Study. Credit for each course is received when all written work is completed and a competency demonstration fulfilled. Refer to list below for required courses for each focus application.
Requirements: A student completes the required courses within four years of enrollment in the GSCP.
The student determines when s/he will take the course based on the school offerings and personal planning. For each course, active participation in all classes is required and the course workbook must be completed. The student meets with a Global Somatics Practitioner/Teacher for an hour of competency demonstration and also writes a two page paper describing how the course content can be applied to her special focus.
The student demonstrates ongoing integration of the Global Somatics Process and creative application of the process to her/his field of professional expertise by completing the Professional Competency Independent Study (100 hours) that includes an application paper per course, four private sessions and 50 hours of a Research Project designed and presented by the candidate.
PCIS Professional Competency Independent Study
The Professional Competency Independent Study (100 hours) spans the entire program period (up to four years). It is comprised of
- an application paper for each course taken
- one hour of competency demonstration with the Global Somatics Practitioner/Teacher
- Completion of the course workbook and self assessment
- four private sessions with a Global Somatics Practitioner
- 50 hours of a Research Project designed and presented by the candidate.
On completion of all coursework and homework, the student is awarded a Global Somatics Certificate in that field of application.
Tuition: The students registers for required course and pays the course tuition to GRDGS and an additional $100 per course to cover record keeping, correction of homework and competency demonstration. With the exception of the Global Somatics Workbooks, all books are purchased separately. In addition, required private sessions or additional group seminars are paid directly to a variety of practitioners/teachers approved by GRDGS
- Tuition for each course paid at time of course plus a $100 fee for record keeping and evaluation. Total tuition estimates can be found by Special focus Curriculum listings.
- Estimated additional costs: for books ($200), private sessions ($400), the research project may involve the cost of additional classes, sessions, etc.
Buyer’s Right to Cancel/Refund Policy: Each student will be notified of acceptance/rejection in writing. In the event a student is rejected, all tuition, fees and other charges will be refunded.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, if a student gives written notice of cancellation within five business days of the execution of the contract or day on which the student is accepted, then a complete refund is given regardless of whether the program has started.
If a student gives a written notice of cancellation after five business days of the execution of the contract or day on which the student is accepted, but before the start of the program by the school, then all tuition, fees and other charges, except 15 percent of the total program cost (15 percent not to exceed $50) shall be refunded to the student.
If the student gives written notice after the start of the period of instruction for which the student has been charged, but before the completion of 75 percent of the period of instruction, then the student is assessed a pro rata portion of tuition, fees and other charges plus 25 percent of the total program cost (25 percent not to exceed $100.00).
Any notice of cancellation shall be acknowledged in writing within ten business days of the receipt of such notice and all refunds shall be forwarded to the student within 30 business days of receipt of such notice.
This refund policy is not linked to any student conduct policy and any promissory instrument shall not be negotiated prior to completion of 50 percent of the course.
Written notice of cancellation shall take place on the date the letter of cancellation is postmarked or, in the case where the notice is hand carried, it shall occur on the date the notice is delivered to the school. The date of execution of the enrollment agreement shall be presumed to the date of delivery of the notice of acceptance and if delivered by mail, the postmark date of the letter of acceptance.
Read the Global Somatics catalog. Download and complete the application and enrollment contract for Global Somatics Certificate of Application. Mail or fax with your application along with your registration form, release waiver and deposit for your first required course.
Global Somatics Certificate Program (GSCP)
Required Core Courses for all specialities (181 hrs)
All tuitions costs are estimated.
1. Global Somatics Certificate in Energy Medicine and Authentic Healing:
Intake interview required.
- comprehensive healing paradigm that tracks to the creative root of the symptom
- activation of channels between the physical body and energy field to effectively heal soul trauma.
2. Global Somatics Certificate in Dance: Education, Performance and Choreography:
- efficient dance technique and improved alignment, flexibility, strength and integration
- a personalized body-system warm-up and expansion of movement vocabulary
- injury prevention, healing and longevity in performance
- inspiration for improvisation and choreography
- a language for analyzing dance styles
3. Global Somatics Certificate in Yoga:
- provides the organ, glandular and developmental ground for asanas
- deepens awareness of breath, voice, and perception
4. Global Somatics Certificate in Athletics and Martial Arts:
- performance enhancement through repatterning of reflexes
and development movements
- injury prevention, healing and retraining
5. Global Somatics Certificate in Physical and Occupational Therapy:
- assessment and treatment based on components of a
- perception of underlying elements of problems (such as
fluid quality imbalances in neurological problems, and the
developmental aspects of a knee problem)
6. Global Somatics Certificate in Bodywork:
- the presence, resonance and perceptual capacity of a fully embodied practitioner who holds a continuum of health from the sub-cellular to the whole body moving in space
- the art of creating embodied relationships with others
- design of personalized protocols and treatments
- subtle communication through touch by differentiating layers of tissue
- multi-systems approach for evaluation and treatment
- ability to bridge table work and active movement repatterning
- ability to offer clients a way to integrate Global Somatics into daily life
7. Global Somatics Certificate in Developmental Therapy :
- evaluation from a developmental and body-systems approach
- identification of movement and perceptual problems from early infancy that affect learning
- neurological repatterning through movement and direct access to the brain through touch
- facilitation of normal development in individualized ways for each child
8. Global Somatics Certificate in Somatic Counseling:
Intake interview required.
- awareness of the psychophysical processes underlying emotional and cognitive patterns
- access to the subconscious which is the body through movement, touch, breath, and voice
- understanding of the physicality of the perceptual process and healing of trauma
9. Global Somatics Certificate in Voice:
- use the whole body to support the tone of vibration
- increase of breath and range of vocal pitch, intensity and color
- identification of restrictions and freeing the natural voice
- exploration of the development of vocalization
- use of the voice to heal tissue
10. Global Somatics Certificate in the Arts:
- a body-based and developmental approach to inspire and free direct artistic expression
- improved performance through alignment, flexibility, strength, and integration
- injury prevention
- a language for evaluating styles
Make Online Payment